The next 6 weeks provides ample opportunity to gather, indulge and give.
The key to whether we indulge and give in ways that are life enhancing and support deeper connection or ways that leave us feeling exhausted and disconnected is intention and attention.
Paying attention to where healthy mindful indulges slips into escapism for you is self-knowledge that can make all the difference between heading into the New Year depleted or inspired.
Carving out quiet moments to feel into what we really need to stay balanced and connected and planning accordingly is essential.
With the Sun in Sagittarius reflecting on the Moon in Pisces, it is prime time to take some quiet time to feel into the coming weeks, hone your intention and bring attention to what is key for you to maintain equilibrium as the intensity ramps up.
1. Get out your calendar and get a lay of the landscape through the New Year.
2. Set an intention to prioritize and plan in a way that will keep space for to rest, rejuvenate and bring meaning to the activities of the season.
3. Ask yourself what days are already feeling too packed and make a note that nothing else can be added.
4. Find several spaces where you can schedule in self-care like a body-work, mindfulness/breath/yoga workshops, opportunities to dance, walk in the woods or something else that is nourishing to you and block times out each week and book it now so you are committed.
5. Think about the people that you know you will want to honor by spending time over the holidays and make sure you have a date set to see them because if you do not, you will end up fitting it in and may find yourself overextending as a result.
6. Consider your gift giving strategy (if you are planning to give gifts) and consider how you might simplify it by finding one or two meaningful offerings that would be useful to different segments of your list.
7. Determine who you desire to get something personalized for and make a separate list, consider giving them an experience that will nourish their mind, body and soul. Give the give of compassionate self-awareness and insight into life lessons and purpose with an Astrological Insight Session.
8. Look into shopping experiences that will connect you to local artisans in your community so your commercial activity is something that also feeds your soul and contributes to local meaningful connection. Consider the MadeinDC local marketplaces or private trunk shows like:
December 2: Saturday Sweetbay Yoga Bazaar 4-6pm
5456 Westbard Ave
Bethseda, MD 20816
December 9: The Pheonix 12-6pm
1514 Wisconsin Avenue NW